ERROR DETECTION FOR CANARA BANK PO EXAM
40. a)One may soon be able to avail automatic transfer/ b) of provident fund accounts on switching jobs / c)and get provident fund money within / d) a single day of filing the claim/ e) No error
41. a) Incidents of / b) threats of violence/ c) against politicians have/ d) been at the rise /e) No error.
42. The crucial point to (a)/ be discussed at the (b)/ meeting is how to (c)/ well implement the policy. (d)/ No error (e)
43. Mahatma Gandhi tried to eradicate (a) / social evils with (b) / tooth and nail (c) / No error (d)
44. a) A journalist later on broadcast/ b) the recording saying because he / c) had not been at the event; / d) he was not bound by the confidentiality rule/ e) No error.
45. Little care on your part (a) / would have made you (b) / more successful than your friend (c) / No error (d)
46. The programme was (a) / almost fixed though (b) / it was his negligence (c) / that led to disappointment. (d) / No Error (e)
47. a) The Bill required each public authority to establish / b) information and facilitation center for an efficient and effective / c) delivery of services and / d) redressal of grievances / e) No error.
48. From June 1995 (a) / and June 2005, (b) / the city’s population (c) / declined by 20,000 people. (d) / No Error (e)
49. Both Sameer as well as (a) / his wife are (b) / determined (c) / to make changes. (d) / No Error (e)
50. I haven’t been (a) / to Pune before and (b) / neither my brother. (c) / No Error (d)
51. If I knew (a)/that my friend had to visit the town today, (b)/ I would have make his stay comfortable. (c)/No error (d)
52. Could you (a) / give me any money (b) / to buy food? (c) / No error (d)
53. I never remember (a) / to have read (b) / a more interesting book in my life (c) / No error (d)
54. Though he was brave, (a) / he could not face the ups and downs (b) /of life manly.(c) / No error (d)
(c) / No error (d)
56. I did not (a) / steal the oranges (b) / from your orchard (c) / never did my brother. (d) / No Error (e)
57. That store (a) / hadn’t hardly (b) / any of the (c) / required products. (d) / No Error (e)
58. a) I wish to continue / b) this hobby until I collect / c) all the currency notes / d) of all the countries / e) No error.
59. a) By contrast, Senate Republicans/b) have significantly altered the House’s approach /c)to the individual market, who serves those /d)who buy health insurance for themselves/ e) No error.
60. Hardly had she (a) / seen her aunt (b) / than she stopped (c) / fighting. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans.40. (e) No error.
Ans.41. (d) Replace ‘at’ with ‘on’.
Ans.42. (d) Implement is the verb and well is the adverb so ‘well’ must be placed after ‘implement’. In
this way the sentence would be like “how to implement the policy well”.
Ans.43.(b) Delete ‘with’.
tooth and nail”.
Ans.44. (a) Remove “on”.
Ans.45. (a) Add ‘a’ before ‘little’.
Ans.46. (b) Replace ‘though’ with ‘but’. To show contrasting qualities, ‘but’ is used.
Ans.47. (a) Replace ‘each’ with ‘every’.
Ans.48. (b) Replace ‘and’ with ‘to’. ‘From’ is always followed by ‘to’. The correct sentence should be
Ans.49. (a) Replace ‘as well as’ with ‘and’. ‘Both..and’ is used in pair (Co-relative Conjunction).
Ans.50. (c) Add ‘has’ after ‘neither’.
‘neither has my brother’.
Ans.51. (c) The correct usage is ‘Would + have + made’. So replace ‘make’ by ‘made’.
Ans.52. (b) Replace ‘any’ by ‘some’.
Ans.53. (a) Replace ‘never’ by ‘do not’.
Ans.54. (c) Replace ‘manly’ by ‘manually’ as ‘Manly’ is adjective, it means brave / strong.
Ans.55. (a) Replace ‘elder’ by ’older’.
Ans.56. (d) In some cases, Neither can be substituted by ‘Do/Does not’. In that case, both clauses must
have ‘do/does’. Replace ‘never’ with ‘nor’.
Ans.57. (b) ‘Hardly’ itself conveys a negative sense.
Ans.58. (b) Replace “Until” with “till”.
Ans.59. (c) Use ‘which’ in place of ’who’.
Ans.60. (c) ‘Hardly’ is always followed by ‘when’. ‘When’ cannot be replaced by any other word