DI QUESTIONS FOR SBI PO PRELIMS
Direction (1-5): Study the following table and answer the questions below.
Production of the sewing machine of 5 companies in August 2016 is given below with profit percentage earned
by the companies on the sale and percentage of machines sold during that month.
1. What is the profit earned by company T in the month of August 2016 if the cost price of one machine is RS500?
A. RS 3,25,000 B. RS 4,20,000 C. RS 1,36,000 D. RS 3,40,000 E. None of these
2. What is the average selling price of the products sold by company P, Q, and S, if the cost price
of each unit is RS 800?
A. RS 862500 B. RS 1886.86 C. RS 1214200 D. RS 857800 E. None of these
3. Which company had the highest profit on sale with respect to the production, if the C.P. of one unit is RS 500?
A. R B. Q C. T D. P E. None of these
4. If the total cost price of all the units produced by company R is RS 2, 44,800 then what is the marked price of one unit if it allows a discount of 20% on sold units yet earning the mentioned profit.
A. RS 1850 B. RS 1700 C. RS 2125 D. RS 8500 E. None of these
5. The total selling price of units sold by company Q and S together is approx. what percentage of the total cost price of units produced of these companies if C.P. of each unit is the same?
A. 245% B. 145% C. 45% D. 490% E. None of these
Direction (6 – 10): Study the Stack graph below to answer these questions.
Monthly Sales Turnover of TVs of LG, Videocon, Sony and Samsung from January to June, 2012.
6. In which of the following month(s) is Sony’s profit the highest, if it makes 25% profit on its sales turnover on each month?
A. January and May B. May
C. February, May and June D. March and June
E. January and June
7. In which of the given months is the sales turnover of LG as a percentage of the combined sales turnover of Videocon and Samsung the least?
A. March B. June C. January D. May
8. In how many months was the sales turnover of Sony more than one-third of the total sales turnover of the four companies?
A. Three months B. One month C. Four months D. All months
E. None of these
9. In how many months from February to June, did the sales turnover of LG as a percentage of total sales turnover of the four companies increase over that of its immediate preceding month?
A. Two B. One C. Three D. Five
E. None of these
10. Which of the following statements must be true –
A. The ratio of total sales of Sony to the total sale of LG, from January to June was 19: 20.
B. The sales of Samsung, as a percentage of total sales, were the same for four months.
C. The total sales of Videocon from January to June were approximately 12.7% of the total sales of all the four companies for the given period.
D. For each month, the sales of Videocon were always more than the sales of Samsung.
E. For A, B and D.